The context of the Seasonal Academies and the Service name
Summer Academy is the name of a service in the personal development department of ESTIEM, but it is also the name of the original event that used to happen since 2001 on summertime (hence the name Summer Academy).Thus it was kept as the service name, as it holds quite a legacy! Summer Academy is known for being ESTIEM’s treasure.
Now in the spirit of aiming high we kept the original concept of the event but wanted to create more “seasonal academies” (e.i event happens in winter = Winter Academy, happens in Autumn= Autumn Academy, happens in spring =Spring Academy ) in order to:
- Give LGs more opportunities to organise the event during the year if it is more convenient for them.
- Give ESTIEMers more opportunities to experience such a life-changing event at least once during their ESTIEM journey.
The event concept:
We aim to create a space away from the usual lives of participants and regardless of which season of the year it, they shall have a “summer vacation” from their “everyday obligations” to allow themselves to embarque on a journey of self-discovery to gain more self-awareness and self-growth while developing their leadership skills and creating long-lasting friendships and strong bonds with their fellow ESTIEMers on a deeper level.
During the event, participants are all hosted in the same house in a remote area, under the guidance of what we call an Academic Leader that challenges the participants’ mindsets and helps them to widen their perspectives to learn more about themselves. In other words the Academic leader is a professional in charge of the sessions’ content (facilitating the open discussions, workshops, training and reflection sessions..etc) The Academic leader can be for example a personal development coach, social/organisational psychologist,Impact leader or an inspirational ESTIEM Alumni..etc,)
What do you need to organise?
- It is crucial to be accommodated together in a remote location where participants can enjoy calm and a peaceful atmosphere (house in a remote location, in the outskirts of the city would be the perfect option)
- It is also preferable to have a suitable working room for sessions and a kitchen for self-catering where participants could cook for themselves.
- Local organisers will be responsible for acquiring accommodation, food ingredients for the participants and transportation from the meeting point to the House.
- The Budget should contain the Professor's flight ticket
- Before the event local organisers will be communicating with participants providing them with necessary information.
Why should your LG apply?
- Easy to organise – all the content of the event will be prepared by the Academic Leader.
- “No organisers” – the main organisers from your LG are counted as participants, along with other international participants .Everyone is cooking together, cleaning together and participating in each session/ activity.
- Support from the Summer Academy Team throughout the WHOLE process of the event before,during and after the event itself.
How to apply?
Application should cover the following topics:
- Dates when your LG can organise the event
- Prediction of the budget:
- Income: participation fee + sponsors
- Expenses: accommodation, food, transportation, activities, and Academic Leader’s tickets
- Proposal for accommodation and location (provide pictures of the house if possible)
Please submit the application through the Event Organisation Google form
Deadline : 30 November 2022!
If you have any questions or hesitations, please, text the leader Cansu GÜR +905380527984 or email her via email@example.com . Also we highly recommend you to approach us before sending the application, so that the Summer Academy Team can help you choose the best location and accommodation and give suggestions about the budget and answer any of your questions.