Participant: 8 – 16
Maximum Participation Fee: 120 €
Usual duration of the event: 6 days
Leader: Ozgur Ikidag
The context of the Seasonal Academies and the Service name
Summer Academy is the name of a service in the personal development department of ESTIEM, but it is also the name of the original event that used to happen since 2001 on summertime (hence the name Summer Academy).Thus it was kept as the service name, as it holds quite a legacy!
Now in the spirit of aiming high we kept the original concept of the event but wanted to create more “seasonal academies” (e.i event happens in winter = Winter Academy, happens in Autumn = Autumn Academy, happens in spring = Spring Academy ) in order to:
- Give LGs more opportunities to organise the event during the year if it is more convenient for them.
- Give ESTIEMers more opportunities to experience such a life-changing event at least once during their ESTIEM journey.
Spring Academy: March – May
Summer Academy: June – August
Autumn Academy: September – November
Winter Academy: December – February
The event concept
Summer Academy is known for being ESTIEM’s treasure. We aim to create a space away from the usual lives of participants and regardless of which season of the year it, they shall have a “summer vacation” from their “everyday obligations” to allow themselves to embark on a journey of self-discovery to gain more self-awareness and self-growth while developing their leadership skills and creating long lasting friendships and strong bonds with their fellow ESTIEMers on a deeper level.
During the event, participants are all hosted in the same house in a remote area, under the guidance of what we call an Academic Leader that challenges the participants’ mindsets and helps them to widen their perspectives to learn more about themselves. In other words the Academic leader is a professional in charge of the sessions’ content (facilitating the open discussions, workshops, training and reflection sessions..etc). The Academic leader can be for example a personal development coach, social/organisational psychologist, Impact leader or an inspirational ESTIEM Alumni..etc,)
What your LG needs to organize?
- It is crucial to be accommodated together in a remote location where participants can enjoy calm and a peaceful atmosphere (house in a remote location, can be in the outskirts of the city)
- It is also preferable to have a suitable working room for sessions and a kitchen for self catering where participants can cook for themselves.
- Local organisers will be responsible for acquiring accommodation, food ingredients for the participants and transportation from the meeting point to the House.
- The Budget should contain the Professor’s flight tickets
- Before the event local organisers will be communicating with participants providing them with necessary information.
Why should your LG organize this event?
- Easy to organise – all the content of the event will be prepared by the Academic Leader.
- “No organisers” – the main organisers from your LG are counted as participants, along with other international participants. Everyone is cooking together, cleaning together and participating in each session/activity.
- Support from the Summer Academy Team throughout the WHOLE process of the event before, during and after the event itself.
Please apply through the Event Organisation Google form below. If you have any questions or hesitations, please, email the leader via email@example.com. If more help is needed, the Summer Academy Team can help you choose the best location and accommodation and give suggestions about the budget and answer any of your questions.