About the project: During CM Porto a motion was raised that ESTIEM should create a sustainability strategy for the next strategic period starting after 2024. The project requires a strong collaboration between SERC and the Board, and involves other relevant ESTIEM entities. The aim of the project is to discover ESTIEM’s positive and negative impacts, and propose a strategy in CM Aveiro focusing on the development of ESTIEM’s operations, processes with a focus on environmental and social sustainability.
Your role: As the “Sustainability Strategy Team Member” you will be part of the project team, led by the SERC Leader. Your tasks include tackling certain parts within the project, which can include current status assessment, impact & materiality assessment, connecting with ESTIEM entities, or strategy development to find solutions on how to tackle our negative impacts and how to enhance our positive ones. You can also state which parts of the project you are interested in the most.
Please note: According to the Motion accepted in CM Porto, the Strategy shall be presented during CM Aveiro, 2024 Spring.
Tasks of Sustainability Strategy Team Member will include the following:
- Continuously think and implement ideas on how can ESTIEM improve its sustainability performance;
- Support assessing ESTIEM’s current sustainability status
- Participate in the impact assessment by contacting our entities and potentially external stakeholders
- Help defining the strategic framework (Focusing on ESTIEM’s contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals and the European Youth Goals)
- Contribute to the strategy development
- Hold or support interviews, meetings and presentations regarding the strategy development
- Take a part in the internal/external communication of the strategy development
- Report progress to the SERC Leader
- Stick to the project timeline and finish tasks in time
- Optional – working as a team member in other SERC projects
Contact the leader: firstname.lastname@example.org